To get started, you need to establish your password for the systems. Do this by:
- Go to https://secure.sitelock.com/login/forgot
- Enter your email address. You will be sent a link via e-mail to enter a new password.
- Enter your new password and document this.
Next, Login at https://secure.sitelock.com/login Once you accept the terms, Your site will immediately be scanned for:
- Domain Name Validation Takes Place
- Spam Scan (black list check to see if your domain is blacklisted anywhere)
You will see a variety of verifications for this service that establish a secure profile for you company. Going through these will help incease the security status of your company.
Some key points:
- Verify your address is correct under the Dashboard icon. SiteLock verifies you address by mailing you a code via US Mail
- Verify your address is correct under the "account" area. This includes your company info which users will see when they click on the Site Seal
- Verify your phone number is correct. SiteLock will verify your phone by sending a code.
- SSL Scan: Assuming you have an SSL installed on your site (if you do not, contact email@example.com right away), enter your domain name and schedule a scan.
Install the SiteLock Trust Seal
- From the Dashboard, you will see a small "shield icon" in the top of the portal. Click to begin
- Follow the instructions for each step and integrate the code into your website.