To generate a CSR on Windows Server 2016 – IIS 10 & 10.5 perform the following.
Step 1: Generating your CSR:
- Choose Start > Administrative Tools > Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
- In the IIS Manager on the left, select your server name.
- In the Features pane (the middle pane), double-click the Server Certificates option located under the Security heading.
4. Click Create Certificate Request.
5. Specify the require information for each field.Click Next.
- Common Name: The Fully Qualified Domain Name that the certificate will be issued to and secure. for example www.yourdomain.com or if you are enrolling for a wildcard certficate *.yourdomain.com
- Organization: The Registered Organisational Name the certificate belongs to.
- Organizational Unit: The Department within the Organization.
- City/locality: The Business registered location (not the actual server location).
- State/province: The Business registered state or province (Do not abbreviate).
- Country/region: The two letter ISO country code.
6. Click Next
7. Under Cryptographic service Provide. leave at default, Microsoft RSA SChannel Cryptographic Provider.
9. Select Next.
11. Specify a file name for the certificate request to a location and directory of your choosing.
12. Click Finish.
Your CSR request has been created from your Server 2016 – IIS 10 & 10.5 system and is ready for you to copy and paste its contents into the enrollment portal.